NEW REFEREE CERTIFICATION:
(Per US Soccer, new referees must be 13 years of age or older at the time they register. State Referee Committees have no discretion in changing this. This change is due to new Federal Risk Management standards, COPPA compliance, and legal advice from the USSF legal team.)
Becoming a Grassroots Referee in the US Soccer Referee Program consists of accomplishing both of the following:
· Grassroots Online Course ($20)
You may register for and complete this course now.
· Attending the Grassroots In-Person New Referee Course ($50 + $10 Admin Fee)
If an In-Person New Referee Course near you is not yet available, check back later as
they are constantly being added throughout Tennessee.
If you are 18 years or older, also completing these two mandatory items:
· US Soccer NCSI Online Background Check ($30) – valid for two years (available inside the Learning Center by end of July)
· SafeSport Online Training (Federal Law) – valid for two years
Completing these requirements will certify a referee through December 31st, 2020.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
Step 1: Create a Profile at: US Soccer Referee Learning Center (LC).
· The unique account identifier is an email address. Parents may not use their lone email address to register multiple referees. Each referee needs their own email address. Parents may add a secondary email address to each account in order to receive any emails their referee is receiving from either US Soccer or the Georgia State Referee Committee.
· A known issue while creating an account in the LC is a browser timeout. If this occurs for you, the US Soccer recommended steps are to close your browser, clear your browser history and cookies, and try again. Alternatively, try a different browser or device to create your account.
· After creating an account, the prospective referee must register for the Grassroots New Referee Online Course ($20). 100% of the Grassroots Online Course must be completed before attending the In-Person course. Estimated time to complete is 4.5-6 hours.
Step 2: Register for an In-Person Grassroots Entry Course at: US Soccer Referee Learning Center.
· In-Person Entry level courses are typically held July through September, and again January through March.
· Courses will be continually loaded throughout July and August 2019. If a convenient course location is not offered, check back at a later date. Courses should automatically populate closest to your registered zip code.
· After you register for an In-Person Course, the lead instructor will email further details and an itinerary in the week leading to the course using the Communication tab within the course.
· The In-Person Course is an four to six hour course. Your lead instructor will email a more detailed itinerary in the week leading up to the course.
Step 3: Complete Safe Sport Certification (mandatory if 18 years or older)
· Access Code: YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
· If you have already completed Safe Sport training, log in to your account, click on the Menu in top left corner, Update Account, change tab to Profile, scroll down and ensure US Soccer is listed under Memberships. If not, just add it.
· If you have US Soccer listed under Memberships, Safe Sport certification will automatically migrate your information into the US Soccer Learning Center by September.
· Safe Sport must be completed before attending the In-Person course. Estimated completion time is 2-2.5 hours.
· Safe Sport is Federal Law passed by the United States Congress and is mandatory for anyone 18 years or older.
Step 4: Complete the US Soccer NCSI Background Check (mandatory if 18 years or older)
· Available inside the Learning Center by end of July 2019
· Valid for two years per check
· Mandatory for all referees 18 years or older
Step 5: Download the IFAB Laws of the Game (LOTG).
· The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
Email Jessie Prigge (email@example.com) for general questions about the Tennessee Soccer Referee Program.
Email US Soccer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for general questions about the Learning Center, issues creating your account, background checks, etc.
RETURNING REFEREE RE-CERTIFICATION:
All grassroots referee (formerly Grades 7, 8, and 9) recertification classes are now LIVE in the U.S. Soccer Learning Center. They can be found by going to learning.ussoccer.com, clicking on the “referee program”, and then clicking on “start your journey”. You will see the link to recert classes on the Left-hand side as the last link under “license pathway”. Once you click this, you will be able to filter to see only TN classes (there is only one recert class for TN).
To recert, you MUST:
1. Take and pass this ONLINE course (for 2020 recert, this is all you need)
2. If over 18 – complete a background check (will be live in the learning center around 7/31) and complete SafeSport training (link and access code can be found in the recert course details. )
3. Your 2020 patch will be mailed to you from the TSSA office .
Additionally, we have recently updated our referee page on the website (https://www.tnsoccer.org/tn-referee-program), so please check here first if you have any questions/need additional information on registration, re-certification, and fitness testing.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Jessie (email@example.com) at our state office for assistance.